The course intends to give students the fundamental concepts to use and understand the tools used for psychological assessment.
In particular, it intends to pursue the following learning aims:
The concepts of tool of assessment and psychological testing:
o Psychometric characteristics of validity and reliability;
o Choice of the tool;
o Ethic of the administration of the tool, of collecting data and their conservation;
The assessment of the cognitive characteristics (perception, attention, memory, learning, language and reasoning);
The assessment of the emotional and motivational characteristics (anxiety, self-esteem, empathy, etc.);
The assessment of the personality characteristics (idiografic approach and nomothetic approach in comparison);
The concept of assessment;
The psychological interview;
The questionnaire and the self-observational grids.
Through frontal lessons, group discussions and exercises, the course intends to allow students to learn which are the characteristics that a tool of assessment must have, what to do an assessment means and what tools can be used for the purpose.
Texts for the exam:
1. Sartori R. (2008). Psicologia psicometrica. Milano: LED.
2. Sartori R. (2010). Tecniche proiettive e strumenti psicometrici per l’indagine di personalità. approccio idiografico e approccio nomotetico a confronto. Milano: LED.
3. Sartori R. (2011). Metodi e tecniche d’indagine e intervento in psicologia. Colloquio, intervista, questionario, test. Milano: LED.
In-depth study texts
1. Babore A. (2008). Il colloquio clinico di ricerca. Roma: Aracne
2. Sartori R. (2008). Psicologia psicometrica. Milano: LED.
3. Di Blas L. (2008). I test di personalità. Roma: Carocci.
4. Manna G. (2006). Introduzione alle tecniche per la valutazione della personalità. Milano: Franco Angeli.
The exam will be a written task with three open questions (one for each text) and three closed questions with 5 alternatives each and one correct answer only (one for each text). After the exit of the written task, it is possible to ask for an oral examination for which it is necessary to study one more text at least.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits