The course aims at analysing in depth the meaning and the role of ethics, both in the working world and in professions. Saying that the ethic dimension is deeply rooted in the deed of the man, we are called to work out the result of that link and how it concerns the very person of the professional, the educator in particular.
There are three educational aims:
a) singling out themes, problems and concepts that are essential to a correct reflection on the ethics of professions;
b) understanding the need of a working practice inspired by ethic values, that challenges the person as a professional, the practice of virtue, the role of conscience and the construction of a true “professional life style”;
c) being aware of the deep link between ethics, work and economy existing in the job and mentality of the educator as a whole.
During the lessons the following indicative topics will be dealt with:
- relation between human action, work, ethical dimension;
- deontology codes, characteristics and limits;
- presentation of the educators’ deontology code;
- professional deontology and professional ethics: distinction and complement;
- deepening of the adult professional moral experience;
- issues on general and applied ethics;
- the role of professional ethics in a humanistic view of education;
- the need for an educator to have an idea of professional education
- ethics, economy and view on man and society.
b) Texts for the exam
Mandatory for everybody:
D. Loro, Formazione ed etica delle professioni. Il formatore e la sua esperienza morale, Milano, ed. Franco Angeli, 2008.
F. Totaro, I rischi dell’ “economicismo buono”. Una critica etico-filosofica, in Antonio Da Re (a cura di), Etica e forme di vita, Milano, ed. Vita e Pensiero, pp. 202-219 (or another article present in the volume, previously agreed with the teacher).
M. Yunus, Un mondo senza povertà, trad. it., Milano, ed. Feltrinelli, 2008.
c) Teaching methods
Lessons will be frontal in the main, with the possibility to intervene with questions and short debates related to the themes of the day.
At the end of the course an oral examination will take place.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits