The course aims to provide students with some knowledge of:
1. historical stages of the vocational psychology;
2. vocational models in psychology;
3. tools used in order to provide people (clients or users) with a vocational counselling which is suitable to their characteristics and the characteristics of the environment where they live.
In detail, the course will be articulated according to the following stages:
1. what the vocational psychology is (definitions and approaches);
2. historical stages of the vocational psychology (diagnostic-attitudinal, character-affective, clinical-dynamic, economic-social, educational, stage of the vocational development and, finally, the one centred on the person or maturate-personal);
3. model for vocations (informative, psycho-diagnostic, educational, model of the psychosocial counselling and, finally, the global-interdisciplinary one);
4. tools for vocations (psychological testing, interviews, budget of competences, decision-making, construction of a personal and professional project)
Texts for the exam:
1. Petruccelli F. (2005). Psicologia dell’orientamento. Ambiti teorici e campi applicativi. Milano: Franco Angeli.
2. Sartori R. (2009). Psicologia Psicometrica. Milano: LED.
Texts for deeper information:
1. Favretto G. & Sartori R. (2007). Le età dell’impresa. Milano: Franco Angeli
2. Pombeni M.L. (1998). Il colloquio di orientamento. Roma: Carocci
3. Pombeni M.L. & D’Angelo M.G. (1998). L’orientamento di gruppo. Roma: Carocci
Students will take written exams made of closed and open questions
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits