The Center of Research in Psychology “HEMOT – Helmet for EMOTions”, instituted in the Department of Human Sciences of the University of Verona in December 2021, conducts and promotes research activities on emotional competence and resilience regarding both positive and stressful/traumatic events, such as disasters and emergencies. The activities are based on a psychological perspective and involve children, adolescents and adults, focusing on the whole life course. The center designs and implements training activities to foster psychological resilience, integrating different methodologies, taking advantage of the benefits of the new technologies, and involving several participants and stakeholders.
The activities of the center HEMOT regard:
- Base and applied research, also including activities such as design, training, counselling and dissemination
- Participation to projects, provisions of fellowship/PhD scholarships and other initiatives aimed at consolidating study and research paths of the center
Research projects (for more information see the website https://www.hemot.eu):
- Coronavirus and emotions (COEM): longitudinal research (from March 2020 and still ongoing) to evaluate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the emotions and the coping strategies of the University of Verona students.
- Emotional Prevention and Pandemics: Development of the Pand-HEMOT Web-application (Pandemics-Helmet for EMOTions) for Children and Adolescents: project funded by the Ministry of University and Research (Bando FISR 2020 COVID; from October 2021 to March 2022) aimed at developing and testing a web application focused on pandemics, safety measures, emotions and coping strategies, for primary and lower-secondary school students.
- Emotional Prevention and Earthquakes in primary school (PrEmT): project funded by Fondazione Cariverona (Bando Ricerca Scientifica 2017; from March 2018 to March 2022) aimed at designing and implementing an evidence-based training with digital (through a web application) and traditional activities on earthquakes, safety behaviors, emotions and coping strategies, for primary school students.