Lab-NPSY.Vr is the Neuropsychology Laboratory of the Department of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology of Verona University (director: Valentina Moro). In addition to the headquarter, located in the Department of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology in Verona’s University, there are two territorial bases at the Department of Rehabilitation in Sacro Cuore Hospital in Negrar (VR) and at the Alzheimer and Cognitive Disorders Center – DAI of the Integrated University Hospital organization.
The research activity in the laboratory mainly concerns the study of patients affected by neurological damage or mental deterioration and involves local and international collaboration
Main areas of research:
- Neural bases of body and action representation in healthy individuals and in patients with focal brain damage
- Body representation in spinal cord injured subjects
- Visual perception and imaging disorders in brain injury
- The unilateral neglect syndrome
- Dementia and mental deterioration
- Awareness of disability and anosognosia for hemiplegia
- Neuropsychological assessment and cognitive training after brain damage and in mental deterioration
- Biological mechanisms of neural plasticity in rehabilitation processes
Lab-NPSY.Vr also participates in neuropsychological assessments and the planning of rehabilitative training, using an interdisciplinary approach. Collaboration with other medical and non-medical professionals (from the fields of neurology, geriatry , rehabilitation, neuropsychiatry, pedagogy, anthropology, psychomotricity) is an important feature of the laboratory
The Laboratory staff are also involved in educational university activities and training courses.