The course aims to face the theoretical and methodological peculiarities which characterise psychology as a clinical discipline. Elements of psychopathology and clinical diagnosis will be provided, deepening verbal and non-verbal aspects of clinical and educational interactions.
Specifically, the course objectives include:
• The acquisition of systematic and updated knowledge on cognitive and emotional processes in a biopsychosocial perspective.
• Appropriate knowledge of psychological investigation methods and tools.
• Appropriate use of specific terms referring to theories and interventions implemented in clinical psychology;
• Interdisciplinary knowledge related to clinical psychology.
• Psychological skills oriented to provide support to individuals, groups and communities.
• Acquiring the ability to critically analyse clinical interventions and the existing literature on the topic.
- Evolution and definition of clinical psychology
- Methodological challenges in clinical psychology
- Tools in clinical psychology (clinical Interviewing, questionnaires, etc...)
- Psycho-diagnostic Elements in developmental age
- Psycho-diagnostic Elements in adult age
- Health psychology
- Transcultural psychology
- Adult learning
- Description of the psychological and psychotherapeutic approaches in clinical psychology:1. Psychoanalysis; 2. Behaviourism; 3. Cognitive therapy; 4. Humanistic approach; 5. Systemic approach
Key experts in the field will be invited during some of these lessons to share their experiences in clinical practice, teaching and research.
|1) Roberto Pani, Roberta Biolcati, Samanta Sagliaschi||Psicologia Clinica e psicopatologia per l’educazione e la formazione.||Il Mulino, Bologna||2009|
Assessment of learning will take place through a written test composed by multiple-choice questions.
Students are asked to demonstrate to understand the relevant elements that underpin theory and intervention in clinical psychology.
Students are strongly recommended to study the material provided by the teacher during the lessons and also available on e-learning pages.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits