This course is designed to start students with the main issues related to educational work with people with disabilities, addiction and mental disorders.
Students will be initiated to the most appropriate ways of thinking and attitude to establish help and support relationships as well as some ICF-based tools to evaluate needs and plan special educational actions.
In particular, criteria are provided for analyzing the needs of operators and their organizations.
At the end of the course participants will be able to demonstrate:
• to know the peculiar concepts, both conceptual and operational, that distinguish the Special Pedagogy from other pedagogical disciplines;
• to know the essential elements of the ICF classification;
• to know how to use the concept of operation to analyze the particular needs of a person with disabilities / dependence and seek a better quality of life;
• to understand the main implications of the social generative paradigm in care work.
• to identify the main development needs of organizations working in the field of disabilities, addiction and mental health.
1) The field of study of Special Pedagogy
2) Special educational action and outcome evaluation
3) Quality of life, special educational needs and disabilities: the main international references
4) Vocabulary and syntax of disability and functioning from the ICF Classification
5) Life project and paths of adultness in the presence of disabilities
6) Problems and paradigms of special educational research applied to organizations
7) The generative paradigm in educational intervention for people with disabilities and other fragility.
8) Psychosocial Disabilities, with particular reference to drugs addiction
• Lascioli A., Educazione speciale. Dalla teoria all’azione, Franco Angeli, Milano, 2012.
• Pasqualotto L., La valutazione multidimensionale e il progetto personalizzato. Prospettive e strumenti per educatori e operatori dei Servizi per la Disabilità Adulta; Erickson, Trento, 2014.
• Pasqualotto L., Rendere generativo il lavoro sociale. Guida per operatori e amministratori locali; La Meridiana, Molfetta (BA), 2016.
One book to choose from:
• Pasqualotto L. (a cura di), ICF-Dipendenze. Un set di strumenti per programmare e valutare la riabilitazione nelle dipendenze patologiche; Erickson, Trento, 2016.
• Pasqualotto L. (a cura di), Educatori di professione oggi. Letture oblique dell'esperienza e orientamenti per il futuro; Unicopli, Milano, 2016.
• Lascioli A., Handicap e pregiudizio. Le radici culturali; Franco Angeli, Milano, 2011.
• D’Alonzo L., Integrazione del disabile. Radici e prospettive educative; Editrice La Scuola, Brescia, 2008
• Crispiani P., Storia della Pedagogia speciale. L’origine, lo sviluppo, la differenziazione; ETS, Pisa, 2016 (only first e fourth section)
During the course, many experiences will be presented to the students as well as testimonies of special educational practice in the school, in the associations, and in the institutions of the territory.
|Lascioli, A.||Educazione speciale. Dalla teoria all’azione||Franco Angeli||2011||9788856846485|
|Pasqualotto, L.||La valutazione multidimensionale e il progetto personalizzato. Prospettive e strumenti per educatori e operatori dei Servizi per la Disabilità Adulta||Erickson||2014||9788859007258|
|Pasqualotto, L.||Rendere generativo il lavoro sociale. Guida per operatori e amministratori locali (Edizione 1)||La Meridiana||2016||9788861535862|
The assessment for learning will take place through a written examination paper that will consist of presenting a series of closed questions and open questions concerning the topics discussed during the course.
Written exam: 24 multiple choice questions and/or open regarding the basic references and 2 open questions regarding the chosen textbooks or chapters.
The following assessment criteria will be considered:
- Including the relevant elements that are the basis of the main theories relating to special education;
- Including the elements that characterize special education action;
- Being able to expose their arguments strictly and in a limited time by identifying and selecting the essential elements for exposure;
- Being able to analyse critically the books studied.