Caring Education Research Center
The CERC (Caring Education Research Center) is an interdepartmental research center born from the collaboration between the Department of Human Sciences and the Department of Diagnostics and Public Health.
The CERC’s aim is to develop research in the following areas:
* caring practices;
* caring ethics;
* medical education;
* medical humanities;
* qualitative and quantitative methods and instruments.
Current researches are the following:
* restraint instruments.
The CERC research activities produced the following publications:
Mortari, L. e Zannini, L. (a cura di) (2017). Metodologia della ricerca in ambito sanitario. Roma: Carocci.
Mortari, L. (2015). Filosofia della cura. Milano: Raffaello Cortina.
Mortari, L. e Messetti, G. (a cura di) (2015). Decidere in Terapia Intensiva. Una ricerca fenomenologica – volume 3 – Il campo di Treviso. Verona: QuiEdit.
Mortari, L. e Silva, R. (a cura di) (2015). Decidere in Terapia Intensiva. Una ricerca fenomenologica – volume 2 – Il campo di Torino. Verona: QuiEdit.
Mortari, L. (a cura di) (2014). Decidere in Terapia Intensiva. Una ricerca fenomenologica – volume 1 – Il campo di Firenze. Verona: QuiEdit.
Mortari, L. and Saiani, L. (Eds.). Gestures and thoughts of caring. New York-Boston: McGraw-Hill Education, 2014, pp. 200.
Mortari, L. e Saiani, L.(a cura di)(2013) (a cura di). Gesti e pensieri di cura. McGraw Hill
Mortari, L. e Camerella, A. (2014) (a cura di). Fenomenologia della cura. Napoli: Liguori.
prof.ssa Luigina Mortari
Prof.ssa Luigina Mortari
Prof.ssa Luisa Saiani
Prof.ssa Lucia Zannini
Prof. Alvise Palese
d.ssa Federica Canzan
d.ssa Elisa Ambrosi
dott. Guido Bertolini
dott. Vincenzo Alastra
CARVET - Centre for Action Research in Vocational Education and Training
The Center, which brings together researchers and teachers, has the purpose of carrying out research, counselling and training in the field of vocational education and training.
The Center acts as hub for interdisciplinary advanced research and promotes the dialogue between different methods, combining theoretical and empirical research, at an interdisciplinary level (psychology, education, philosophy, sociology, laws), adhering to qualitative, quantitative and mixed method research approaches.
Centre for Psychosocial Research regarding Services for People
Il Centro studia la relazione operatore - utente in diversi contesti dell'assistenza, dell'assistenza sanitaria e dell'assistenza socio sanitaria integrata.
CREAa: Centre for Research in Ethnography and Applied Anthropology, "Francesca Cappelletto"
The professors and researchers at the "Francesca Cappelletto" Centre for Research in Ethnography and Applied Anthropology (CREAa) come from various different disciplines. What brings them together is a common interest in contemporary social, cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-religious issues. Another mutual interest lies in the current transformations in the dimensions and concept of being “human”. The most up to date ethnographic methods are adopted to develop qualitative hermeneutics and epistemologies. However, traditional quantitative methods are also used to favour a creative interconnection between the two methods.
As in many other centres worldwide, CREAa acts as an interdisciplinary point of reference for advanced studies in the field of Anthropology and in those sciences which are anthropologically oriented.
The aims of the Centre are to conduct research and offer ethnographic counselling, with particular reference to the following areas:
– Anthropology of Education and Psycho-Anthropology of Education (in the academic context and elsewhere)
– Medical anthropology (anthropology of social suffering and care in the welfare context and elsewhere)
– Cognitive anthropology and neurosciences
– Anthropology of disability and the relative identity recognition processes
– Economic anthropology and its development in Europe and worldwide
– Anthropology of domestic and international volunteering
– Urban Anthropology and the Anthropology of socio-territorial and socio-communicational networks, boundaries, migrations and inter-border flows
– Anthropology of inter-religious relationships
– Ecological Anthropology in the context of policies related to environmental protection and respect
– Anthropology of domestic groups, adoption practices and practices favouring the re-building of family units
– Anthropology of the relationships between minority cultural groups (indigenous, sub-national and immigrational) and host countries
– Political Anthropology referring to recognition and redistribution in democratic systems
– Political and Legal Anthropology relating to sexism, omophobia, transphobia, xenophobia and racism, as well as a study of the practices related to respect for human rights (UN Declaration 1948) and cultural diversity rights (UNESCO declaration 2001) in Europe and worldwide.
Education and Didactics Research Centre
The CRED (Center of Educational and Didactic Research), instituted in the Department of Human Sciences of the University of Verona,in December 2008, projects, realizes and evaluates researches on education, training and didactics. One of its aims is the promotion of methodological reflection, in particular concerning the qualitative research on educational and instructional processes. The CRED organizes conferences, seminars and courses for educational practitioners. Every venture is aimed at creating a relationship between university and community in order to disclose and give value to practitioners’ knowledge as well as to work in partnership with other institutions.
Specific areas of interests of the CRED are the following:
* counselling to school;
* qualitative research in educational contexts and services;
* elaboration of pedagogical theories on the basis of empirical researches;
* teacher education about reflectivity and research;
* building of educational paths for schools.
Current researches managed by the CRED are the following:
* citizenship education;
* education to care ethics according to virtue;
* emotional education;
* ecological education;
* education about ethical dilemmas at school;
* education to foster care practice;
* education to teachers’ educational needs
The CRED research activities has produced the following publications:
Mortari, L., & Valbusa, F. (2017). Sentieri di educazione etica. Verona: Cortina.
Ubbiali, M. (2017). Generare educazione. Scuola dell’infanzia in ricerca. Verona: Cortina.
Camerella, A. (2017). Educare a pensare a questioni di bioetica. Verona: Qui Edit.
Valbusa, F. & Mortari, L. (2017). L’orto delle emozioni. Teoria e ricerca sull’educazione alla vita affettiva. Milano: FrancoAngeli.
Mortari, L., & Mazzoni, V. (2014) Le virtù a scuola. Questioni e pratiche di educazione etica. Verona: Cortina.
Mortari, L. (a cura di) (2013). Casi difficili a scuola. Milano: Bruno Mondadori.
Mortari, L. (a cura di) (2010). Dire la pratica. Milano: Bruno Mondadori.
Mortari, L. (cura di) (2010). Dire la pratica. Milano: Bruno Mondadori.
Mortari, L. (a cura di) (2009). La ricerca per i bambini. Milano: Bruno Mondadori.
Fabbro F., Agosti A., Correa E. (2017), Digital practices in primary school: is the pupil protagonist? Form@re - newsletter per la formazione in rete ,17(1), pp. 68-81.
Sità, C. (2012). Indagare l’esperienza. Roma: Carocci.
Loro, D. (2016). Interpretare l’educazione. Verona: Cortina.
prof. Luigina Mortari
prof. Alberto Agosti
prof. Claudio Girelli
prof. Angelo Lascioli
prof. Daniele Loro
dr. Valentina Mazzoni
dr. Giuseppina Messetti
prof. Luigina Mortari
prof. Roberta Silva
prof. Chiara Sità
prof. Giuseppe Tacconi
dr. Marco Ubbiali
dr. Federica Valbusa
Hannah Arendt Center
The Hannah Arendt Center for Political Studies, founded in 2016, is a research institution that aims at connecting Arendtian academic scholarship with present-oriented political research from an interdisciplinary perspective that brings together the human and social sciences. To this end, the Center brings together scholars involved in different research areas and relies on a wide network of scientific relationships and collaborations, both national and international.
As a place of research, the Center addresses both theoretical and historical aspects of the “Arendtian studies”. It also addresses important emerging political issues for a better understanding of the contemporary world, such as: political freedom, public happiness and democracy; citizenship, power and violence, inclusion and exclusion; the impact of globalization processes on the political sphere, the growing political relevance of economics and international law; political implications of economic and social change in late modernity, also with reference to educational and professional processes. A specific interest is reserved to the political dimensions of issues traditionally associated with the private sphere, such as sexuality and gender, maternity, care and vulnerability.
As a place for public debate and democratic training, the “Hannah Arendt” Center aims to extend the practice of philosophical and political thinking beyond academic and/or professional boundaries, qualifying as an educational site at large, where cultural debates take place, in collaboration with others active in the public sphere. We intend to promote critical thinking and diffuse knowledge and debates on politics and the “world we have in common”.
For more information, visit our website: www.arendtcenter.it/en
Intercultural Studies Centre (CSI)
Lo scopo del Centro consiste nell’individuare, favorire e costituire supporti scientifici e culturali nell' educazione interculturale e nell’istruzione in una società complessa, pluralistica e multiculturale.
ORFEO Research Centre - sound, image, writing
Le ricerche del Centro partono dal fenomeno del suono. Gli ambiti d’interesse principali del Centro sono i seguenti: Filosofia della musica, Visual Studies, Filosofia e scrittura.
OSCF - Observatory on the consumption of families
The Observatory on the consumption of families (OSCF) at the Department of Human Sciences at the University of Verona was founded by a group of sociologists currently in the Department who specialise in consumption issues. It has evolved from a previous observatory established in collaboration with the SWG research company in Trieste. The aim of the OSCF is to develop and disseminate studies and observations on the world of consumption both in terms of results and research methodology. In addition to research linked to specific contexts, the OSCF monitors the consumption strategies and lifestyle of Italian families, currently on a two-yearly basis, and produces newsletters (available on the OSCF website) and research reports that summarise the main phenomena identified through its work. The scientific output of the OSCF can be found in its self-produced newsletters and media reports, the Italian Sociological Review, the book series “Sociologia e Ricerca Sociale” published by QuiEdit in Verona, and the book series “Strutture e culture sociali” published by FrancoAngeli in Milan.
Facebook Page: Osservatorio sui consumi delle famiglie (https://www.facebook.com/Osservatorio-sui-Consumi-delle-Famiglie-1455873541315099/)
POLITESSE - Research Centre on the Politics and Theories of Sexuality
Il Centro indaga i fenomeni della sessualità umana nelle loro implicazioni filosofiche, politiche, giuridiche, religiose, etiche e bioetiche, antropologiche, culturali, sociologiche, pedagogiche, psicologiche.
"Researches of Gnoseology and Metaphysics" Centre
The "Research of Gnoseology and Metaphysics" Centre is an interdisciplinary centre for advanced researches and has research and training as its main purposes: it brings together both professors and researchers who deal with theoretical and historical studies concerning knowledge, ontology, and the issues implied in, with particular attention to the Modern and Contemporary philosophical debate.
The main reference point is the critical method of "pure elemental gnoseology" or "philosophy of immediate, elementary, whole experience" of Giuseppe Zamboni (1875-1950), but the Research Centre focuses also on the contemporary thought and, in particular, on the phenomenological and psychological disciplines.
Priorities of the "Research of Gnoseology and Metaphysics" Centre includes:
1) confirmation of the critical-experimental method as essential for the examination of the whole reality (including social ontology and relative entities);
2) reaffirmation of the central role played by human person, as experimental core of an ontology conceived in a strong sense;
3) encouragement of the investigations concerning the issue of knowledge and metaphysics, paying attention to the international debate about those topics, in a close relationship with European and international similar Research Centres.
The "Research of Gnoseology and Metaphysics" Centre intends to organize seminars, conferences, workshops on the above-mentioned topics and aims to establish relationships in order to share informations, databases, etc. with other Research Centres, Public Institutions and Private Associations operating both in the national and in the international context. It will utilise a dedicate website, in connection to the critical editions of philosophical texts and the publication of papers/essays/articles axed on the topics of the Centre and linked to its areas of interests.
Reference Bodies and Persons
Members of the Centre:
• Prof. F.L. Marcolungo (Presidente);
• Prof. D. Poggi (Segretario);
• Prof. E. Peruzzi;
• Prof. M. Moretto;
• Prof. G. Erle;
• Dott.ssa L. Procuranti.
• Prof. L. Malusa;
• Prof. G. Piaia;
• Prof. M. Marassi;
• Prof. D. Sacchi;
• Prof. F. Botturi;
• Prof. A. Russo;
• Prof. S. Besoli;
• Prof. E. Peruzzi;
• Prof. F.L. Marcolungo;
• Prof. M. Moretto;
• Prof. R. Pozzo;
• Prof. M.G. Lombardo.
• Prof. Ferdinando Luigi Marcolungo;
• Prof. Riccardo Pozzo;
• Prof. Enrico Peruzzi;
• Prof. Giorgio Erle;
• Prof. Davide Poggi;
• Dott.ssa L. Procuranti.
Collaborators of the Centre:
• Prof. A. La Russa;
• Dott. S.F. Tadini;
• Dott. D. Migliorini;
• Dott. L. Vitale;
• Dott. G. Battistoni;
• Dott. F. Lazzarin;
• Dott. I. Valbusa.
The collaborators of the Centre are not defined in an absolute sense: the Centre could eventually include doctoral students whose areas of study and research are similar to those of the Centre.
Study Centre for Gender Differences regarding Education and Training
Il Centro ha finalità di ricerca, documentazione, progettazione e formazione nei diversi ambiti dell’educazione, dell’istruzione scolastica e superiore, della produzione culturale e del lifelong-learning.
Teaching and Learning Center
The “Teaching and Learning Center” of the Department of Human Sciences aims to: 1) Enhance research on Higher education on Instructional practices; 2) Support the various actors to improve the evidence-based quality of their actions, sharing a rich collection of resources (archives of educational “common goods”), offering individual and group counselling, organizing and accompanying training sessions and promoting the practices of teachers peer-review.
The main research topics are as follows:
• Analysis of educational practices at higher education level form the teachers and students point of view
• Analysis of efficacy of specific teaching strategies (lecture, class teaching, exercises, supervision, examination, co-examination, distance teaching, inquiry learning, problem-based learning, Internet-based teaching etc.)
• Analysis of initial and in-service training for university teachers in different contexts (models, PBL courses, workshops, academic development, collegial guidance and supervision…)
• Analysis of widespread teachers and students beliefs about teaching and learning and their impact on practices
• Models for designing teaching programs and activities
• Models and tools to assess student achievements
• Models and tools to evaluate teaching
• Analysis of the effectiveness of peer supervision and mentoring on the development of competencies by teachers
• Analysis of the characteristics of repositories which could support teaching and learning
• Analysis of how participating in management tasks (i.e. study administration tasks: study board membership, accreditation tasks, participating to committees and commissions etc.) can help developing educational competencies
Tiresia Research Centre - Philosophy and Psychoanalysis
Il Centro lavora all’intersezione tra filosofia e psicoanalisi: inconscio, soggettivazione, trauma e ripetizione, immagine e voce sono al cuore di questo incontro tra saperi e pratiche differenti.
Centro di ricerca ASKLEPIOS - Filosofia, cura, trasformazione
Il Centro indaga, approfondisce e confronta autori, testi, indirizzi di pensiero che si occupano di cura filosoficamente fondata e orientata (epimeleia heautou, cura sui, fenomenologia della cura).
Centro di ricerca "FormaMentis"
Il Centro di ricerca si propone come polo di ricerca avanzata sulla fenomenologia delle relazioni di cura, sui processi di formazione nelle diverse discipline e culture e sulla filosofia come esercizio di trasformazione.
IRC-GloCoPoS - International Research Centre for Global and Comparative Policy Studies on the Education and Learning of Adults
Il Centro promuove studi politici e comparati sull'educazione e l'apprendimento degli adulti.