|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|MEDICINA DELLE DIPENDENZE||2||MED/43-FORENSIC MEDICINE||See the unit page||See the unit page|
|MEDICINA FISICA E RIABILITATIVA||2||MED/34-PHYSICAL AND REHABILITATION MEDICINE||See the unit page||See the unit page|
|IGIENE GENERALE E APPLICATA||2||MED/42-HYGIENE AND PUBLIC HEALTH||See the unit page||See the unit page|
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• multidisciplinary knowledge aimed at critical analysis of specific social problems
• multisciplinary knowledge aimed at reflecting on the dynamics in which the service is inserted
ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ability to interpret the different situations of hardship and to promote the well-being of the community; reading and decision-making skills inherent to the problems of integration between social and health services; decision-making ability in complex organizational situations;
The course aims to provide the knowledge related to some areas of medicine that affect the causes and factors of dis-ease of greater social impact, taking into account the possible intervention strategies aimed at their removal, promoting the strengthening of health, with one look also at the organization of health services. The knowledge provided will also cover the clinical and social impact of substance abuse, regulatory and diagnostic aspects, rehabilitation therapies, knowledge of the main disabling outcomes that result in cerebrovascular, neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory neurological diseases with particular reference to the motor and cognitive deficits that negatively affect the quality of life and the social participation of the person and the family members.
The course consists of the three following modules:
- Medicine of Dependence in which the main characteristics of abused substances (alcohol, illicit and medicinal drugs) are illustrated, with reference to their acute and chronic effects, to the diagnosis of occasional/habitual use and dependence, to detoxification and rehabilitation therapies, and to the main law references concerning abuse and dependence on substances. Other forms of dependence are also treated, with specific reference to gambling.
- Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine which illustrates the themes of neurological rehabilitation and cognitive and motor disorders resulting from neurological diseases (prognosis of motor and cognitive outcome and rehabilitation of motor, sensory and cognitive disorders in cerebral stroke; motor disorders rehabilitation in infant cerebral palsy, pathophysiology and rehabilitation of balance disorders in Parkinson's disease, rehabilitation of balance and walking disorders in Multiple Sclerosis, use of new technologies in neurological rehabilitation).
- General and Applied Hygiene in which the themes of community medicine are treated (history, principles, cultural, legal and welfare aspects), epidemiology, prevention and prophylaxis of infectious diseases and diseases of great social importance, and the theme of food hygiene. The principles on which the international health organization and the Italian Health System is based will also be illustrated.
Students are invited to refer to the different modules for details on didactic material.
MM: MEDICINA DELLE DIPENDENZE - The exam consists in the administration of a written questionnaire with closed and open answers. Correct answers are given and, if necessary, illustrated soon after all written questionnaires have been delivered, and the grade is communicated to the student. Students have the chance to request an oral integration in order to try and improve the grade of the written questionnaire. In some cases, generally in order to understand the reason of an answer, the oral integration can be requested by the lecturer. -
MM: MEDICINA FISICA E RIABILITATIVA - The exam consists in the administration of a written questionnaire. The questionnaire will include open questions aimed at demonstrating the ability to apply the concepts learned in clinical practice).
MM: IGIENE GENERALE E APPLICATAA - The exam will include open questions aimed at demonstrating the ability to apply the concepts learned in clinical practice)
|Polettini||Appunti delle Lezioni||2020|
|Polettini||Diapositive delle lezioni||2020|