Knowledge and understanding 1. The students should be able to know and understand the essence of the epistemology of the qualitative research in health-care contexts. 2. The students should be able to know and understand the specificity of the qualitative research in its paradigmatic, epistemological, philosophical and methodological aspects. 3. The student must be able to assume the posture of research as a fundamental competence of the pedagogical profession, in order to build heuristic practices capable of understanding the contexts and improving the quality of services. Applying knowledge and understanding 1. The students should be able to project experiences of qualitative research contextualized in educative contexts; 2. The students should be able to create a interconnection between theoretical elements and empirical data. 3. The student must be able to take the results of the research in order to implement the quality of the services
The contents of the course will be presented through the alternation of frontal lessons and laboratories: in this way it will be possible for students to be engaged in a “community of learning and practice”.
The course will deal with the following themes:
• The principal approach of the qualitative research;
• How to realize a qualitative research in educational contexts;
• The specificity of an educative research;
• The role of educative research for innovation in educational contexts;
• The ethical dimension of the research;
• The analysis of research projects in educational contexts.
Students will be requested to have the following pre-requisite:
• the knowledge of paradigms and methods of the research, in particular those that are framed in an ecological paradigm.
During the course the students will be involved in laboratorial activities, so that they will be allowed to practice planning qualitative research experiences. This will allow them to face, in a direct or simulated way, all the epistemological, planning and ethical aspects of the educative research.
Also case studies (taken from the professional context) will be presented to students. Moreover, students will be required to work in team in order to simulate the planning of a qualitative research.
|Luigina Mortari (a cura di)||MelArete (Volume II). Ricerca e pratica dell'etica delle virtù||Vita e Pensiero||2019|
|Luigina Mortari; Luca Ghirotto (a cura di)||Metodi per la ricerca educativa||Carocci||2019||978-88-430-9847-7|
EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT
Evaluation will be realized through a written test, with open questions, concerning the texts studied and the practices examined. Students should prove that they:
• Have understood the relevant elements characterizing the qualitative research;
• Are able to present the specificity of educative research, with precision and clarity;
• Are able to critically analyze case studies and experiences.
Tests will be evaluated taking into consideration the correctness of contents, the capacity to communicate in an efficient way and the quality of written composition. Every question will be scored with points, whose total sum will compose the grade expressed in thirtieths.
According to news from government rules because of the Covid-19 emergency, the examination procedures could change.