Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of the main processes of social change
Ability to apply knowledge and understanding
- Ability to place users’ problems in the wider social dynamics
- Ability to design and carry out researches on social problems and needs of specific territorial areas
The course aims at providing students with the peculiarities of the anthropological perspective focusing on the global-local dynamics and on the relation between anthropology and other social sciences. From the empirical point of view, the course wants to make students acquire the basic knowledge and skills necessary to think anthropologically on globalization phenomena mindfully applying the method of cultural relativism.
The course deals with:
- introduction to the conceptual methods and tools of basic socio-cultural anthropology (especially the concepts of culture and society)
- the fundamentals of socio-cultural anthropology in relation to the contemporary globalized world and social inequalities
- the fundamentals of anthropology of the family with a special focus on the relation between social workers and Roma families involved in removal procedures of their children.
|Schultz E.A. & R.H. Lavenda||Antropologia culturale||Zanichelli||2015||978-88-08-15131-5||Limitatamente ai capitoli che saranno indicati a lezione [e comunicati ai non frequentanti (es. 24 cfu) nelle fasi iniziali del corso].|
|Saletti Salza Carlotta||Famiglie amputate. Le adozioni dei minori dal punto di vista dei rom||CISU||2014||9788879755931||Limitatamente ai capitoli che saranno indicati a lezione [e comunicati ai non frequentanti (es. 24 cfu) nelle fasi iniziali del corso].|
|Leonardo Piasere||L'antiziganismo||Quodlibet Studio||2015||9788874627332||Limitatamente alle parti 11 - 29 - 33 - 60 [sia per frequentanti che per non frequentanti (es. 24 cfu) ].|
Learning assessment method
Learning levels will be assessed by a written examination.
The student must demonstrate:
- to have understood the important elements of the discipline's main theoretical arguments
- to be able to express his/her own reasoning in a precise manner and in a limited amount of time
- to be able to critically analyze and connect elements of anthropology of the family in relation to case of removal of Roma children from their families.
The examination will consist of 5 questions concerning both general and specific issues.
Each answer will be rated with a score between 0/30 and 6/30 on the basis of the following criteria:
- language appropriateness;
- coherence with the related question;
- student’s ability to synthesize;
- non redundancy of the answer;
- use of a scientific terminology, appropriate to the concepts and issues dealt with.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY, AN ONLINE EXTRAORDINARY PROCEDURE MIGHT BE NEEDED FOR THE EXAM: IN SUCH A CASE THE EXAMINATION WILL BE ORAL AND TAKEN ON ZOOM MEETING VIRTUAL PLATFORM.