Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles concerning the listening attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the empathic relationship
Ability to apply knowledge and understanding
- Ability to develop a collaborative and constructive relationship both with the user and the other professional roles involved in the helping processes.
The course aims at transferring the basic knowledge concerning the care process from a pedagogical perspective. Particular attention will be given to the new forms of social fragilities. The theoretical knowledge will be connected to listening skills, to a holistic conception of the fragility conditions and to the individuation of empowerment strategies for individual, families and ethnic, linguistic and religious groups. Moreover, the course will teach the basic narrative methodologies apt to recognize, understand and evaluate users problems and needs.
What does 'care' mean? What does taking care of oneself, the other and the world in the work of social service? Which posture the social worker can embody in his profession?
The course aims to transmit knowledge relating to the practice of caring by referring, in addition to the study texts, also to the life paths of the beneficiaries of social services and of the professionals. We will deepen knowledge and narrative skills aimed at caring, receiving care and creating situations and contexts in which 'taking care' is achieved through the knowledge of the different cultures of care present in the beneficiaries of the services and, above all with paths of co-responsibility and sharing of the 'power' to heal.
1) Luigina Mortari, La pratica dell’aver cura, Bruno Mondadori, 2006 (pp. I-16; pp. 111-152; pp. 179-201).
2) Letizia Bianchi, Cura familiare, cura professionale, in Colombo, Cocever, Bianchi (a cura), Il lavoro di cura. Come si impara, come si insegna, Carocci, 2004 (pp. 71-93).
3) John McKnight, Assistenti sociali disabilitanti, in Ivan Illich et al., Esperti di Troppo. Il paradosso delle professini disabilitanti, Erikson 2008, (pp.73-91).
4) Rosanna Cima, Amabile di nome e di fatto, in Cima R. Pratiche narrative per una pedagogia dell’invecchiare, Franco Angeli 2012 (pp. 85-132).
5) Buchi Emecheta, Cittadina di seconda classe, Giunti.
|Rosanna Cima||Amabile di nome e di fatto (in Pratiche narrative)||Franco Angeli||2012|
|John McKnight (cap. in Ivan Illic)||Assistenti sociali disabilitanti (in Esperti di troppo)||Erikson||2008|
|Buchi Emecheta||Cittadina di seconda classe||Giunti||2004|
|Letizia Bianchi (cap. in Colombo, Cocever, Bianchi)||Cura familiare, cura professionale (in La cura. Come si insegna, Come si impara)||Carocci||2004|
|Luigina Mortari||La pratica dell'aver cura||Bruno Mondadori||2006|
Exam modality: oral discussion.
The assessment of the test is based on the 0-30 scale.
The criteria for the evaluation of the oral exam are:
- personal working of contents in the relationship between theory and practice;
ERASMUS students are asked to contact the teacher at the beginning of the courses to agree on texts and exams together.