Knowledge and understanding - Knowledge and understanding of the determinants of bio-psycho-social well being (with particular regard to the main social problems often faced by social workers) Ability to apply Knowledge and understanding - Ability to recognize the main causes of people needs and distinguish among their social, familiar and personal roots. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES By the end of the course, students will have acquired knowledge regarding the main pedagogical theories which have inspired special education; knowledge regarding the different ways of projecting an intervention in the field of special education; knowledge regarding the different special education needs and the ways through which it is possible to early intercept them in order to project inclusive educative interventions; skills regarding how to act in accordance with the professional profile of an educator operating in those contexts providing special education.
The course contributes to the formation of those pedagogical and educational skills that are a constituent part of the professionalism of the Social Workers.
In particular, the Special Pedagogy course aims to provide knowledge (applying knowledge and understanding) for analysis and intervention, from the pedagogical point of view, in disability, addictions and other forms of social marginality, including juveniles, according to a bio-psycho-social perspective and in the perspective of Community Welfare.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to demonstrate:
• knowing how to use the functioning profile (according to the ICF classification) for the analysis of the special needs of the person in a condition of disability / dependence / marginality and the search for a better quality of life;
• be able to define some intervention objectives, according to an evidence based logic, within the individual project envisaged by Law no. 328/00 (Article 14).
• distinguish the outputs, outcomes and impacts of social work, with an initial orientation to evaluation models and tools;
• to know the main application implications of the paradigm of social generativity in social work.
1. The multidimensional bio-psycho-social perspective according to the declination of the World Health Organization (ICF)
2. Disability and dependencies: international definitions, normative references
3. ICF and Quality of Life: comparison models for needs assessment and definition of interventions
4. Evaluation of performance, outcomes and impacts: methodology and tools in working with fragile citizens according to an evidence based logic
5. The paradigm of social generativity in the intervention in favor of people with disabilities and other fragilities
6. Individual project and life project: from needs to objectives, to context planning, to evaluation of results.
|Mario Gecchele, Paola Dal Toso||Educare alle diversità. Una prospettiva storica||ETS||2019||9788846754998||Un capitolo a scelta dello studente|
|Luciano Pasqualotto, Paola Carozza, Mauro Cibin (a cura di)||ICF, Salute Mentale e Dipendenze. Strumenti per la riabilitazione orientata alla recovery||Carocci||2020||in corso di stampa. Disponibile dal 1 novembre|
|Pasqualotto, L.||La valutazione multidimensionale e il progetto personalizzato. Prospettive e strumenti per educatori e operatori dei Servizi per la Disabilità Adulta||Erickson||2014||9788859007258|
|Pasqualotto, L.||Rendere generativo il lavoro sociale. Guida per operatori e amministratori locali (Edizione 1)||La Meridiana||2016||9788861535862|
The learning will be verified through a written test aimed at ascertaining the achievement of the training objectives. The exam will be structured in 25 multiple choice questions, concerning the study texts, and an open question on a chapter chosen by the student taken from the book "Educare alla diversità". The first 25 questions will be awarded 1/30 points for each correct answer; it is necessary to score at least 13 points in this part of the exam. The open request can be awarded up to 5/30 points. Any exercises carried out by / by the student individually or in a small group, which will be valued only in the event of a positive outcome of the exam, will be eligible for the overall evaluation.
The examination procedures are not differentiated between attending and non-attending students.