Philosophy of Education The course aims to develop the following skills:
- conceptual skills (content knowledge): knowledge of the cultural bases of the philosophy of education; knowledge of main educational theories; knowledge of the implications in terms of educational policies of the different theories;
- Procedural skills (methodological knowledge): ability to develop models of reasoning for the construction of theoretical discourses on education; ability to develop critical analysis of educational theories.
The course will present the fundamental principles of the philosophy of care, in connection with the development of a philosophy of education that will be declined in specific fields. In particular, the course will focus on the following themes:
• the ontological reasons of care
• the ethical essence of care
• the ways and the postures of being-there which characterize care as practice
• care ethics and virtue ethics
After the foundation of the philosophy of care, through ancient and contemporary philosophers, we will deep some themes that are crucial in educative context at present:
• a philosophy for ecological education
• a philosophy for the care of the thinking.
• Mortari, L. (2015). Filosofia della cura. Milano: Raffaello Cortina.
A text of your choice:
• Mortari, L. (2020). Educazione ecologia. Bari: Laterza.
• Mortari, L. (2008). A scuola di libertà. Milano: Raffaello Cortina.
The obligatory text gives support for a philosophical foundation of pedagogy for the educative practice
Among the two texts of your choice: the first is about themes and problems of ecological education; the second is about education to a free thinking for political life.
Adhering to a teaching approach inspired by the experiential learning, during the course the students will be involved in laboratory activities. Moreover, according to the narrative paradigm model, the students will be called upon to use the writing as a tool to foster critical rethinking of the experience and/or imagination of care policy scenarios.
|Luigina Mortari||A scuola di libertà: formazione e pensiero autonom||Cortina||2008|
|LUIGINA MORTARI||EDUCAZIONE ECOLOGICA||LATERZA||2020||8859300606|
|Luigina Mortari||Filosofia della cura||Raffaello Cortina||2015||9788860307194|
As regard the evaluation tools, different instruments will be used, including open questions, written reports, and oral presentations. The evaluation will concern the capacity of critically managing and rethinking the learning contents, and the comprehension of the fundamental concepts explained in the texts of the course.