The course aims to offer students the conceptual tools to understand the teaching of philosophy of history in relation to the questions posed by contemporary times. Students will acquire the knowledge of the Western reflection, as well as the following capabilities: ability to understand philosophical texts, to set them within a correct historical-critical perspective, to interpret them, to use an appropriate philosophical terminology, to autonomously form judgements on the subjects dealt with in the course, to communicate philosophical topics with specialists and non-specialists, and to continue their studies at a MA level.
Untouchable and Contagion. Psychoanalysis and social bond.
The course will be divided into three parts, in order to address the issues of the social bond, the intersubjectivity and the impossible that is at the core of the Freudian discovery of the Unconscious.
1. Hegel and the Philosophy of History
- Phenomenology of Spirit: Genesis, structure, logic of experience, main figures
- Hegel’s Philosophy of History: the “Conceptually-understood History”
2. Freud, Lacan and psychoanalysis
- The "contact" at the origin of civilization: Totem and taboo
- The logic of Sexuation and the Impossible: Lacan, Seminar XX
3. Derrida and Nancy: the Untouchable
- On touching, the extended Psyche
- Tangency and contingency
The books for the exam are the following:
1) G.W.F. Hegel, Fenomenologia dello spirito, tr. it. E. De Negri, La Nuova Italia. (Sez. A. Coscienza e B. Autocoscienza, pp. 81-153).
2) S. Freud, Totem e tabù (edizioni a scelta).
4) J. Lacan, Il Seminario. Libro XX. Ancora, Einaudi.
5) J. Derrida, Toccare, Jean-Luc Nancy, Marietti.
6) J.-L. Nancy, il c’è del rapporto sessuale, SE.
7) M. Bonazzi e D. Tonazzo, Lacan e l’estetica. Lemmi, Mimesis. (Only for attending students)
Materials and detailed information on the texts and any additional teaching materials will be provided on the e-learning platform.
|Hegel Georg W. F.||Fenomenologia dello spirito||La Nuova Italia||1996|
|J.-L. Nancy||Il c'è del rapporto sessuale||SE|
|J. Lacan||Il Seminario, Libro XX, Ancora||Einaudi||2011|
|BONAZZI, TONAZZO||LACAN E L'ESTETICA||MIMESIS||2015|
|J. Derrida||Toccare, Jean-Luc Nancy||Marietti||2007||9788821185649|
|S. Freud||Totem e tabù|
The lessons will alternate traditional frontal teaching with dialogical interaction with students, guided discussions, as well as reading and commenting texts collectively.
Any change of the timetable will be communicated on the teacher's web page.
The exam will be oral and will assess the level of competency of the themes and fundamental concepts addressed during the course. The questions will aim to highlight the students' critical-argumentative capacity, their ability to use texts autonomously, as well as the communication skills necessary to give back with rigor and sufficient subjectivation the problems faced in class and in the books present in the bibliography.
The vote is expressed in thirtieths.
The examination procedures are the same for students attending and not attending.