The course aims to develop the following skills:
* conceptual skills (content knowledge): knowledge of the cultural bases of the philosophy of education; knowledge of main educational theories; knowledge of the implications in terms of educational policies of the different theories;
* Procedural skills (methodological knowledge): ability to develop models of reasoning for the construction of theoretical discourses on education; ability to develop critical analysis of educational theories.
The course will present the fundamental principles of the philosophy of care, in connection with the development of a philosophy of ethical education. In particular, the course will focus on the following themes:
• ethics, care and virtue in the ancient philosophy
• the ontological reasons of care
• the ethical essence of care
• the ways and the postures of being-there which characterize care as practice
• theories on ethical education: character education, moral reasoning and care ethics education
• care ethics and virtue ethics
• educating to virtues according to the principle of care: a theoretical proposal and an empirical research
Mortari, L. (2015). Filosofia della cura. Milano: Raffaello Cortina.
Mortari, L. (2019). MelArete. Vol. 1: Cura etica e virtù. Milano: Vita e Pensiero.
Platone. First Alcibiades. Any edition.
Platone. Apology. Any edition.
Adhering to a teaching approach inspired by the experiential learning, during the course the students will be involved in laboratory activities. Moreover, according to the narrative paradigm model, the students will be called upon to use the writing as a tool to foster critical rethinking of the experience and/or imagination of care policy scenarios.
|Platone||Apologia di Socrate|
|Luigina Mortari||Filosofia della cura||Raffaello Cortina||2015||9788860307194|
|Luigina Mortari||MelArete (Volume I). Cura Etica Virtù||Vita e Pensiero||2019||9788834335239|
As regard the evaluation tools, different instruments will be used, including open questions, written reports, and oral presentations. The evaluation will concern the capacity of critically managing and rethinking the learning contents, and the comprehension of the fundamental concepts explained in the texts of the course.
Because of the Covid-19 emergency, the examiantion procedures for the summer period are changed: the students are requested to write a text and post it on the Moodle webpage of th course, according to what explained at the following link: