Ethics of Relation The course is aimed to understand the ethical relationship by the point of view of the rational foundation of ethics: in order to this, the course is based on the knowledge of texts of the twentieth century or contemporary philosophy (referring to the ethical meaning of living in the “polis”, to communication ethics and dialogue, to the relationship to environment and aesthetics) and to the knowledge of the origins of the various ethical theories connected to those texts; this way the course aims to promote the skill to apply theoretical and methodological tools in order to develop ethics of relation in the areas that affect the life of the human being in relationship with the community, with the natural and social environment and with culture and science, producing so an organic and systematic overview that by the use of the logical-argumentative competence allows to develop a personal critical reflection and actualization concerning the ethical, relational, communicative and cultural sphere.
Over time, beyond time: ethics and the relationship with the self and the other.
The course is aimed to focus on the meaning of ethics of relation concerning the study of the relationship between knowledge and “ethos” in its relational value as manifested in becoming and in moral agency. For this purpose, the following points will be developed inter alia:
- Approach to ethic of relation;
- The self and the relationship;
- Relationship and becoming;
- Time and relationship;
- Relational meaning of agency;
- Ethics of relation and community;
- Ethics in the musical relationship: the human being in search of the infinite.
Mandatory reference texts
1) Adriano Fabris, RelAzione. Una filosofia performativa, Morcelliana, Brescia 2016;
2) Giorgio Erle, Etica e relazione musicale nella “proporzione saggiamente conveniente delle facoltà”, in Stefania Achella e Francesco Miano (a cura di), Etica e bellezza, Orthotes Editrice, Napoli-Salerno 2019, pages 297-306;
3) Conceptual schemes of lessons by e-learning: after each lesson a short written conceptual summary of that lesson will be loaded on the e-learning platform of the University.
The reference texts here above are mandatory for both attending and non-attending students.
Teaching Methods: Lectures analyzing and discussing the above-mentioned texts.
|Stefania Achella e Francesco Miano (a cura di)||Etica e bellezza||Orthotes||2019||978-88-9314-192-5|
|Adriano Fabris||RelAzione. Una filosofia performativa||Morcelliana||2016||978-88-372-2965-8|
For both attending and non-attending students the exam consists of an oral test concerning the program and the reading list above indicated as “mandatory reference texts”.
To pass the exam, students will have to demonstrate that they have achieved the learning outcomes; therefore the following will be verified:
1) Acquired knowledge and interpretation skills concerning mandatory reference texts and course program, in the light of a valid critical and hermeneutical approach to those same texts and to addressed issues;
2) Acquired skills on a methodological and logical-argumentative level;
3) Skill to develop a personal critical reflection and actualization concerning the ethical, relational, communicative and cultural sphere, starting from the addressed issues.
The grades are expressed in thirtieths.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and in accordance with the University of Verona guidelines, during the 2020 summer session the assessment modality will be modified as follows: online oral exam.
Also during the 2020 autumn session the assessment modality will be: online oral exam.
Also during the 2020/2021 winter session the assessment modality wil be: online oral exam.