Knowledge and capacity to understand:
- knowledge of the problems linked to cultural diversity;
- basic knowledge of the main stages of socio-cultural anthropological thought ;
Knowledge and capacity to apply understanding:
Ability to identify and analyse cultural diversity
- Ability to independently assess the origin, nature and sense of the topics dealt with during the courses;
- Independent assessment of specific socio-cultural topics.
Ability to speak accurately about cultural alterity.
Capacity to learn:
Ability to continue studying at a Master degree level 2
History of contemporary anthropology:
- The history of contemporary anthropology as a moment in the history of alterity;
- Progress and degeneration in nineteenth-century pre-evolutionary anthropology;
- Evolutionary anthropology;
- French ethno-sociology;
- American cultural anthropology;
- Malinowski and the ethnographic method;
- Interpretive and dialogical anthropology.
|Lewis H. Morgan||La Lega degli Ho-de’-no-sau-nee, o Irochesi||CISU||9788879751980||Qualsiasi edizione|
|Ugo Fabietti||Storia dell'antropologia||Zanichelli||2011||978-88-08-16200-7|
Learning levels will be assessed by an oral test. Students must be able to demonstrate:
- to have understood the relevant elements on which the main anthropological theories are based;
- to be able to express their own reasoning in a precise manner, identifying and selecting the essential elements;
Attending students: the exam will focus on the notes and on part of the texts shown in the programme, which the teacher will point out during the lessons.
Non-attending students: the exam will focus on the texts shown.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits