The course is dedicated to a reflection on philosophy as adventure of the thought.
By the end of the course the students should have developed autonomy of reflection and judgment in order to elaborate reflections on philosophical thought, philosophical language skills, and understanding of the texts, but also to be able to applicate the concept so developed to the problems of the contemporaneity.
The image thinks: art, photography and theater by Walter Benjamin
The course aims to address the issue of the truth of images with particular reference to the reflection of Walter Benjamin.
1. Walter Benjamin, Il dramma barocco tedesco, Einaudi 1999.
2. Walter Benjamin, L'opera d'arte nell'epoca della sua riproducibilità tecnica e altri scritti sui media, a cura di Giulio Schiavoni, Milano, BUR, 2013
3. Walter Benjamin, Breve storia della fotografia, Passigli 2014.
|Walter Benjamin||Breve storia della fotografia||Passigli||2014|
|Walter Benjamin||Il dramma barocco tedesco||Einaudi||1999|
|Walter Benjamin||L'opera d'arte nell'epoca della sua riproducibilità tecnica||BUR||2013|
In order to pass the oral exam, students will show that:
- they possess a deep knowledge of the main specific issues developed during the course;
- they possess also the capacity to make an independent reflection on philosophical implications of such issues, using a pertinent and appropriate language.
The competence of all students, either those who attended the course or those who didn’t, will be valued through an oral examination about the specific topics and questions discussed during the classes. The final score will be expressed in /30s.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits