|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|MEDICINA DELLE DIPENDENZE||2||MED/43-FORENSIC MEDICINE||Sem. 2A||
Aldo Eliano Polettini
|MEDICINA FISICA E RIABILITATIVA||2||MED/34-PHYSICAL AND REHABILITATION MEDICINE||Sem. 2A||
|IGIENE GENERALE E APPLICATA||2||MED/42-HYGIENE AND PUBLIC HEALTH||Sem. 2A||
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• multidisciplinary knowledge aimed at critical analysis of specific social problems
• mullisciplinary knowledge aimed at reflecting on the dynamics in which the service is inserted
ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
ability to interpret the different situations of hardship and to promote the well-being of the community;
reading and decision-making skills inherent to the problems of integration between social and health services;
decision-making ability in complex organizational situations;
The course aims to provide the knowledge related to some areas of medicine that affect the causes and factors of dis-ease of greater social impact, taking into account the possible intervention strategies aimed at their removal, promoting the strengthening of health, with one look also at the organization of health services. The knowledge provided will also cover the clinical and social impact of substance abuse, regulatory and diagnostic aspects, rehabilitation therapies, knowledge of the main disabling outcomes that result in cerebrovascular, neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory neurological diseases with particular reference to the motor and cognitive deficits that negatively affect the quality of life and the social participation of the person and the family members.
The course consists of the three following modules:
- Medicine of Dependence in which the main characteristics of abused substances (alcohol, illicit and medicinal drugs) are illustrated, with reference to their acute and chronic effects, to the diagnosis of occasional/habitual use and dependence, to detoxification and rehabilitation therapies, and to the main law references concerning abuse and dependence on substances. Other forms of dependence are also treated, with specific reference to gambling.
- Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine which illustrates the themes of neurological rehabilitation and cognitive and motor disorders resulting from neurological diseases (prognosis of motor and cognitive outcome and rehabilitation of motor, sensory and cognitive disorders in cerebral stroke; motor disorders rehabilitation in infant cerebral palsy, pathophysiology and rehabilitation of balance disorders in Parkinson's disease, rehabilitation of balance and walking disorders in Multiple Sclerosis, use of new technologies in neurological rehabilitation).
- General and Applied Hygiene in which the themes of community medicine are treated (history, principles, cultural, legal and welfare aspects), epidemiology, prevention and prophylaxis of infectious diseases and diseases of great social importance, and the theme of food hygiene. The principles on which the international health organization and the Italian Health System is based will also be illustrated.
Students are invited to refer to the different modules for details on didactic material.
Evaluation of learning will be performed by means of a written questionnaire with multiple and open answers, possibly followed by an oral exam for each of the modules.
|Medicina legale||Appunti delle lezioni|
|R. Froldi||Lezioni di Tossicologia Forense||Giappichelli||2011|
|Carlo Cisari, Franco Molteni||stroke clinica e riabilitazione (Edizione 1)||edi-ermes||2009||978-88-7051-277-9|
|Eudes Lanciotti||Igiene Medicina Sociale e di Comunità||McGraw-Hill||2011||L'acquisto del testo non è fondamentale. Ha lo scopo di approfondire gli argomenti trattati a lezione. Allo studente verrà fornito tutto il materiale necessario allo studio della materia|