Services dedicated to children are multicultural and require intercultural pedagogy. The teaching wants to offer a pedagogical baggage to guide the thinking and the educational action with the children and their families.
In particular we will address the following topics:
- knowing how to "situate" both to "start from oneself" and to read one's point of observation. Knowing how to situate from a geopolitical point of view based on images of immigrant, foreign, family, maternity and paternity is a first step in identifying how one's gaze towards the other is oriented not only by personal but also collective history .
- The risks of racialization in educational contexts. It is not the differences that divide or prevent the relationship, rather the ways in which they are observed and placed in the system of values and of the culture of belonging.
- The practice of cultural mediation is first and foremost an acquisition of know-how. We will know the main theoretical models of Cultural Mediation to identify educational paths that take into account the linguistic and cultural aspects of children and their parents.
- Know how to identify and bring out the educational resources of families and communities of belonging.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
1. To know the main theories of cultural mediation, the encounter with the differences and the relationship between them, with particular attention to the risks of racialization.
2. To know the methods of cultural mediation in the educational area, especially for migrant families and their children.
3. Understand the points of crisis and the resources that characterize the interaction between first and second generation parents and educational institutions of the first and second infancy.
ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
1. Be able to identify cultural incidents and critical situations between parents and children (0-11 years) and between families and institutions.
2. Knowing how to use the theories and methods of cultural mediation to build educational contexts aimed at parents, children and girls of different languages, religions and cultures.
3. Knowing how to read the dangers of racialization within the educational discourses / projects and reformulate their actions.
1) - Introduction to the thought of decolonial pedagogy.
2) - Cultural Mediation: theories and methods.
3) The language of the home and the language of services. In the realities of afternoon educational services (nursery, aggregation centers, home care) we will analyze concrete situations in which children, educators and their parents are involved.
3) - When you are mothers in a country that 'foreign'. Different ways of conceiving and living motherhood will be presented
4) - Educational paths for cultural mediation with children aged 0-11.
The theoretical part will be placed in relation to the realities of educational services.
During the course, cultural mediators, experts in educational services in multicultural contexts will speak.
The calendar of lessons, the teaching materials indicated in the program will be inserted on the e-learning platform of the course.
STUDY TEXTS MANDATORY
1) Catherine Walsh, Sono possibili scienze sociali/culturali altre? Riflessioni sulle epistemologie decoloniali
(da pag. 151 a pag. 170) In Gennaro Ascione (a cura), America latina e modernità. L’opzione decoloniale: saggi scelti, Edizioni Arcoiris, 2014, Reperibile in: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290574737_America_latina_e_modernita_L'opzione_decoloniale_saggi_scelti
2) Rosanna Cima, Rita Finco, Imparare e insegnare tra lingue diverse, La Scuola 2014. (studiare da pag. 5 a pag. 88) with the tutorial with the CD supplied in the text.
3) teaching material provided by the teacher
ONE CHOOSE AMONG THE FOLLOWING TEXTS:
1) Elena Gianini Belotti, Dalla parte delle bambine. L’influenza dei condizionamenti sociali nella formazione del ruolo femminile nei primi anni di vita (qualsiasi edizione)
2) Vanessa Maher (a cura di), Genitori migranti, Rosemberg & Sellier, 2012
3) Luisa Muraro, Il lavoro della creatura piccola, Mimesis, 2013
4) Letizia Bianchi, Le mamme vengono prima. Il lavoro e gli affetti delle educatrici di nido, Mimesis, 2013
|Cima Rosanna, Finco Rita||Insegnare e imparare tra lingue diverse||La Scuola||2014||9788835036036|
|Catherine Walsh||Sono possibili scienze sociali/culturali altre? Riflessioni sulle epistemologie decoloniali||Edizioni Arcoiris||2014||978-88-96583-82-1||in: In Gennaro Ascione (a cura), America latina e modernità. L’opzione decoloniale: saggi scelti. Disponibile in: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290574737_America_latina_e_modernita_L'opzione_decoloniale_saggi_scelti|
The evaluetion of learning includes:
- written test consisting of 2 open questions concerning the mandatory texts
The evaluation of the test is based on the 0-30 scale.
The criteria for the evaluation of the written test are:
- congruence, articulation, significance of the acquired theoretical contents;
- personal re-elaboration of contents in the relationship between theory and practice;
- mastery of the specific language of the discipline;
- syntactic-grammatical correctness.
ERASMUS students are asked to contact the teacher at the beginning of the courses to agree together the teaching methods and the assessment tests.