The course intends to introduce the student to the Pedagogy of reading with a continuous and circular link between theory and practice. The course is focused on the promotion of reading as a means for creating motivated and critical readers through specific methodologies and accurate theoretical references. The purpose of the course is to promote the knownledge about: the crisis of reading in Italy; the metamorphosis of the reader in the Digital Era and the needs of the children; the negative aspects of the most widespread activities of promotion of reading; the features of a high quality promotion of reading to create motivated and critical readers (from 1 to 14/16 years old); the act of reading, the pleasure of reading and the motivation to read; methods and strategies for an incisive promotion of reading (like for example reading aloud and some activities and literary games).
- The reading crisis in Italy in the contemporary multimodal society and in the Digital Era.
- Metamorphosis of the reader and the reading needs of children and young adults.
- Problematic aspects of the majority of projects for the promotion of reading in school and extra-school context in Italy.
- A different way to promote reading is possibile: purposes, features, phases of the promotion of reading by means of the best Children’s books.
- Methods and strategies to promote reading and to create motivated and critical readers.
- Methods and strategies to analyse and introduce different kind of books and media (picturebooks, fair tales, novel and poems) in different contexts (kindergarden, primary school, library and so on).
|Blezza Picherle, Silvia||Formare lettori, promuovere la lettura. Riflessioni e itinerari narrativi tra territorio e scuola (nuova edizione)||Franco Angeli||2015|
|Rodari, Gianni||La grammatica della fantasia||Einaudi||1974||Sono ammesse anche successive ristampe dell'editore Einaudi ragazzi (tra cui quella attualmente in commercio del 2013).|
|Carminati, Chiara||Perlaparola. Bambini e ragazzi nelle stanze della poesia||Equilibri||2011|
The exam consists of a two-hours written test, with argumentative and reflective open-ended questions. This programm will be valid for one academic year 2018/2019, this is to say until February 2020.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits