To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
To illustrate the fundamentals of Toxicology as applied to Addiction Medicine, with reference to the effects of alcohol and drugs of abuse, to their clinical and social impact, to the diagnostic aspects, specific laws and acts, to the therapies for rehabilitation from drug addiction and the evaluation of their outcome.
At the end of the course, students shall be able to recognize the effects on health of the main forms of dependance, to understand the hazards of dependance from a clinical, social, and relational standpoint, as well as to know the main aspects of the Italian set of rules conserning abuse and dependance
1. Introduction: Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine
2. Substances of abuse: features, acute and chronic effects
3. Driving under influence of alcohol and drugs: relationships between substance abuse and car crashes
4. The administrative/medicolegal diagnosis of acute/chronic abuse of alcohol and drugs: methodologies, relevance and implications
5. The most relevant laws and acts: Penal Code, Drugs of Abuse Law, Road Traffic Code, Workplace Drug Testing Law.
6. Pharmacological and Drug-free therapies for the treatment and rehabilitation of substance addiction, and evaluation of their outcomes.
|R. Froldi||Lezioni di Tossicologia Forense||Giappichelli||2011|
|G.A. Norellli, C. Buccelli, V. Fineschi||Medicina Legale e delle Assicurazioni||Piccin||2013|
The exam consists in the administration of a written questionnaire with closed and open answers. Correct answers are given and, if necessary, illustrated soon after all written questionnaires have been delivered, and the grade is communicated to the student. Students have the chance to request an oral integration in order to try and improve the grade of the written questionnaire. In some cases, generally in order to understand the reason of an answer, the oral integration can be requested by the lecturer.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits