The course is aimed to understand the ethical relationship between time and «praxis» by the point of view of an authentic existence. At the end of the course, the student will have to demonstrate knowledge and skills referring to challenging texts and to their interpretation and also to be able to open a wide reflection on these ethical subjects.
Authenticity and Otherness: the meaning of time by Heidegger and Levinas.
- “Der Begriff der Zeit” by Heidegger: time and eternity; the human being in front of the natural time; the fundamental structures of “Dasein”; temporal being and authenticity; authentic time, “Dasein” and History;
- “Le Temps et l’Autre” by Levinas: the ethical relationship; the criticism of Heidegger’s “Miteinandersein” and the loneliness; the hypostasis; daily life and ecstatic existence; light, reason and the criticism of Idealism; the death; the relationship with “autrui”; eros, fecundity;
- For the concreteness of ethics of relationship: an introduction to the subjects of the book “Alla ricerca di un Ethos tra mente e corpo”.
- M. Heidegger, Il concetto di tempo, a cura di F. Volpi, con una postilla di H. Tietjen, Adelphi, Milano 1998;
- E. Levinas, Il tempo e l'Altro, a cura di F.P. Ciglia, Il Melangolo, Genova 1997;
- G. Erle (a cura di), Alla ricerca di un ethos tra mente e corpo, Libreria Cortina Editrice, Verona 2016.
Teaching methods: frontal lessons.
Oral test of the program and the reading list.
To pass the exam, students will have to demonstrate that they have achieved the learning outcomes.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits