To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
To illustrate fundamentals of Toxicology as applied to Addiction Medicine, with reference to the effects of alcohol and drugs of abuse, to their clinical and social impact, to the diagnostic aspects, specific laws and acts, to the therapies for rehabilitation from drug addiction and the evaluation of their outcome.
1. Introduction: Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine
2. Substances of abuse: features, acute and chronic effects
3. Driving under influence of alcohol and drugs: relationships between substance abuse and car crashes
4. The administrative/medicolegal diagnosis of acute/chronic abuse of alcohol and drugs: methodologies, relevance and implications
5. The most relevant laws and acts: Penal Code, Drugs of Abuse Law, Road Traffic Code, Workplace Drug Testing Law.
6. Pharmacological and Drug-free therapies for the treatment and rehabilitation of substance addiction, and evaluation of their outcomes.
written questionnaire + oral inteview
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits