The course is focused on learning processes, referring to the the main theoretical approaches of developmental and educational psychology. Learning will be analyzed in relation to other fundamental constructs, such as development, culture, motivation, metacognition and thought, with particular attention on cognitive and sociocultural theoretical perspectives.
1. First part: Introduction to developmental psychology.
First approaches for the study of development
Theories on cognitive development
Motivational theories on development
Scientific method in developmental psychology
2. Second part: Educational psychology.
Introduction to educational psychology
The cognitive perspective of learning
The sociocultural perspective of learning
Individual differences in learning
Motivation to learn
Metacognition, self-regulation and thought in learning
Learning and evaluation
3. Third part: Monograph.
Cognitive and learning styles
Texts for the exam
1) Berti, A. E., & Bombi, A. S. (2005). Introduzione alla psicologia dello sviluppo. Storia, teorie, metodi. Bologna: Il Mulino.
2) Boscolo, P. (1997). Psicologia dell’apprendimento scolastico. Aspetti cognitivi e motivazionali. Torino: Utet. Chapters 1-6, 10-13.
3) Cadamuro, A. (2004). Stili cognitivi e stili di apprendimento. Da quello che pensi a come lo pensi. Roma: Carocci.
Written exam with open-ended questions, eventually associated with an oral exam.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits