|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|LABORATORIO DI GUIDA AL TIROCINIO 2||3||SPS/07-GENERAL SOCIOLOGY||See the unit page||See the unit page|
|TEORIA||6||SPS/07-GENERAL SOCIOLOGY||See the unit page||See the unit page|
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
The internship guidance laboratory aims to pursue some general objectives of knowledge, understanding and intervention skills, starting from the analysis of the professional traineeship experiences carried out by the students. In particular, the laboratory, in close connection with the contents of the course of Methods and Techniques of the social service III, wants to contribute to develop some basic knowledge that can be summarized as follows
Knowledge and understanding:
- knowledge and understanding concerning the contextualization of the need and the recognition of its biopsychosocial nature
- knowledge and understanding of strategies for the detection and analysis of the need for social groups and communities
- knowledge and understanding of the different types of social intervention
- knowledge and understanding related to one's listening attitude
- knowledge related to the reading and interpretation of the different organizational cultures involved in the provision of aid intervention
- analyzing organizational reality, environment and community resources and working in team with different professionals
- understanding role and functions of social worker in different organisations
- analyzing and assessing group or individual needs and problems; identifying and activating institutional/not institutional resources
- adopting and using adequate instruments and strategies
- understanding and mastering different types of documentation in social work
- managing the help process
ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
- perform needs assessment
- draw up a social service report
- clearly and realistically establish the objectives of their intervention
- implement the social intervention with methodological correctness and appropriateness, evaluate its effectiveness and, if necessary, revise its objectives
- activate all the sensibilities necessary to guarantee a collaborative relationship with the users as well as with the other figures involved in the intervention
- draw up social service relations, intervention projects and reporting required by the institution to which they belong
The course of Methods and Techniques of the social service III and the laboratory of guide to the internship the program of studies will be carried out both in traditional form, with lectures (especially in the part devoted to the theory) and through discussions in small groups of students in which tutors favor the connection of the traineeship experience with the theoretical contents. In both training sessions, the study program will address issues with a theoretical-methodological and operational content. Specifically, the laboratory is a place for exercises that facilitate the student in the acquisition of the method of helping the people with the space for discussion, the acquisition of skills to be able to work in groups. Instead, the theory lessons will try to stimulate a critical reflection on the role of the social worker in the activation of the community as a partner of the professional intervention.
In the internship guide laboratory the topics dealt with will concern in particular:
- The areas of intervention of the social service
- The professional responsibility of the social worker
- Professional tools
- The documentation
- Work with the territory
In the course of Social Service Methods and Techniques of Social Work III the program is centered on the deepening of the following points:
1. Historical origins and theoretical foundations of social community work;
2. The dimensions of community social work:
2a. the "operational" dimension (breakdown and preventive) - community work as a tool for problem solving -
2b. the "political" dimension - community work as an instrument for defending social rights and changing political relations;
3. The analysis and mobilization of the community:
3a. mapping of community resources;
3b. group work as a tool for mobilizing community resources.
3c. work with the family.
4. Community work in some particular operational areas:
4a. Community approaches in addictions and alcoholism;
5. Social service in the third sector.
For the Methods and Techniques of Social Work III program, the exam is written followed by an oral assessment interview, for those who have obtained a sufficient score.
For the internship guidance workshop a presentation by the student of an elaborate written analysis and reflection on the practical experience is requested, with the use of a trace provided by the teacher.
An oral examination is then scheduled: discussion of the written paper and evaluation of the ability to grasp the structural elements of the profession paying particular attention to the connection between theory and practice.
|Elvio R. Martini, Alessio Torti||Fare lavoro di comunità. Riferimenti teorici e strumenti operativi||Carocci||2003||9788874660315|
|Alan Twelvetrees||Il lavoro sociale di comunità. Come costruire progetti partecipati||Erickson||2006||9788879469173|