|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|FONDAMENTI DELLA STORIA ANTICA||4||L-ANT/03-ROMAN HISTORY||Sem. 1A||
|DIDATTICA DELLA STORIA ANTICA||4||L-ANT/02-GREEK HISTORY||Sem. 1B||
Students should have a basic knowledge of general history, from the Prehistory to Modern History;
Students should be able to speak and write a good Italian.
The course contents regard:
A) Greek and Roman History: II millennium BC; the Dark Ages; the Archiac Age; the polis; the Classical Age; Athens and Sparta; the decline of the polis; Alexander the Great; the Roman kings; the Republican Rome and its expansion; the Imperial Rome; the spread of Christianity.
B) Theories of historical research and teaching of Ancient History.
Lectures in which examples (also taken from the professional context of Infant and Primary Schools) will be presented and discussed to support the teaching/learning of the discipline's basic concepts.
1) Greek History: M. Bettalli – A.L. D’Agata – A. Magnetto, Storia greca, Carocci, Roma 2013;
2) Roman History: G. Cresci Marrone – F. Rohr Vio – L. Calvelli, Roma antica, Il Mulino, Bologna 2014;
3) Teaching of Ancient History: W. Panciera, Insegnare storia nella scuola primaria e dell’infanzia, Carocci, Roma 2016;
4) Notes taken during lectures.
Erasmus students: please, email me as soon as possible.
Learning assessment method
The assessment method will be NO different for attending and non-attending students.
Learning levels will be assessed by a written examination.
Students must be able to demonstrate:
- to have acquired a basic knowledge of Ancient History;
- to have acquired a critical method of understanding historical facts and problems;
- to have understood the most important concepts and theories concerning the teaching of Ancient History;
- to be able to express their own reasoning precisely and in a limited amount of time, identifying and selecting the essential elements.
The results of the examination will be given on a scale of thirty.
|W. Panciera||Insegnare storia nella scuola primaria e dell’infanzia||Carocci||2016|
|G. Cresci Marrone – F. Rohr Vio – L. Calvelli||Roma antica||Il Mulino||2014|
|M. Bettalli - A.L. D’Agata - A. Magnetto||Storia greca||Carocci||2013|