|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|LABORATORIO||1||M-PED/04-EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||See the unit page||See the unit page|
|INNOVAZIONE SCOLASTICA E PRATICHE COOPERATIVE||4||M-PED/04-EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||Sem. 1B||
|RICERCA EDUCATIVA||4||M-PED/04-EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH||Sem. 1A||
Alessia Maria Aurora Bevilacqua
The program is valid for both the modules of the course "Educational research and school innovation and cooperative practices".
Acquiring research and experimentation skills that allow for the design and implementation of effective teaching paths, as well as identifying and resolving critical issues within learning contexts, represents today a key element of teachers professionalism. To this end, the course aims to support students in acquiring knowledge and skills concerning:
- the paradigms, epistemologies and philosophies adopted in educational researches;
- methods and techniques that can be useful to contextualise researches within the ecological paradigm;
- the Service Learning model, a teaching practice that allows students to learn from their experience, through active involvement in the context of service experiences, organized to meet the real needs of a community.
The course also aims at facilitating the development of some key competencies in the lifelong learning perspective - such as learning to learn, in particular - through a specific feedback literacy process.
The following topics will be the subject of study and practice:
- Empirical research in the educational field;
- The problem to investigated and the research question;
- The naturalistic epistemology;
- The research philosophies;
- The research methodologies;
- The research design;
- Data analysis methods and tools;
- Evaluation of research projects.
The final exam, which is common to the two modules included in the course, consists of three parts:
1. Computerised exam, aimed at assessing the achievement of knowledge objectives. The outcome of this test is 25% of the final grade.
2. Written exam with open answers, aimed at evaluating the achievement of the objectives concerning reflection and argumentation. The result of this test is 50% of the final grade. The evaluation criteria are the following: the degree of coherence of the answer with the question, degree of deepening of the concepts, use of a language appropriate to the scientific themes/concepts.
The computerised and the written exam will be scheduled on the same day. If the results of both tests will be positive, it will be possible to access the oral exam.
3. Oral exam, aimed at assessing the mastery of research skills through the individual or group production of a research exercise. The outcome of this test is 25% of the final grade.
More information concerning the research exercise will be explained during the first lesson of the course, as well as described in detail in the Moodle e-learning platform in a dedicated section. The assessment criteria concern the significance, the correctness and the consistency of the research design.
For attending students, the oral exam can be replaced by the presentation of the portfolio containing the exercises that will be elaborated out during the course.
TESTI E MATERIALI PER L’ESAME
Mortari L. (2007), Cultura della ricerca e pedagogia. Prospettive epistemologiche, Carocci: Roma.
Mortari L. (2009), La ricerca per i bambini, Mondadori: Milano.
Valbusa F., Mortari L. (2017), L’orto delle emozioni. Teoria e ricerca sull'educazione alla vita affettiva, Angeli: Milano (Parte I: cap. 1; Parte II: tutta)
Ulteriori materiali integrativi e di approfondimento verranno forniti dai docenti a lezione.
|Mortari L.||Cultura della ricerca e pedagogia. Prospettive epistemologiche||Carocci, Roma||2007|
|Mortari L.||La ricerca per i bambini||Mondadori: Milano.||2009|
|Valbusa F., Mortari L.||L’orto delle emozioni. Teoria e ricerca sull'educazione alla vita affettiva (Edizione 1)||Angeli: Milano||2017||9788891760760|