Students attending the Laboratory of Body and Disability will acquire the knowledge and skills to approach disability from a new point of view. In particular, the course will focus on bodily aspects, which can influence persons and disability.
The expected outcomes are:
- Know the Embodied Cognition Theory, namely the strict relationship between cognitive proceses and body.
- Know the main cognitive and bodily aspects of disabilities.
- Virtual reality and body interaction
- Apply the Embodied Cognition Theory in several contexts.
- Apply body exercises to develop or maintain cognitive functions.
The activities will include frontal lessons, group works, motor and virtual reality experiences, in order to develop a knowledge and an experiential corpus.
The main topics will be:
- Embodied Cognition Theory
- Body and Autism
- Body and Spinal cord injuries
- Body and dementia
- Virtual reality as a tool for the body and disability
|Moro Scandola||Dispense e materiale fornito durante il laboratorio|
The course will be evaluated by means of the products of group activities
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits