The first aims of course is introduction to the subject of the relationship between the individual and society in the modern complex societies in which the risk appears as a fundamental interpretive figure.
Second aims: the globalization. Will be work specific concrete examples related to current events. In this sense, we will be favoured forms of interaction with the student in order to foster the development of critical thinking of the issues dealt.
After the course , the student will have the conceptual and empirical tools to describe and analyse the main processes of change in contemporary society such as globalization, the interrelationship of social and cultural processes relations.
The contents of the course will concern:
- An initial alignment with the sociological study of reality to identify its peculiarities with attention to other approaches in the field of education sciences;
- The study of the evolution of the "social phenomenon" along the timeline that runs from pre-modernity, to modernity, to advanced modernity.
- The study of the structures and the main social dynamics in the context of advanced modernity.
- The study of globalization processes, with particular reference to a cultural perspective.
|Steger Manfred||La globalizzazione||Il Mulino||2016||ISBN 978-88-15-26366-7|
|Antony Giddens||Le conseguenze della modernità (Edizione 1)||Il Mulino||1994|
Two alternative assessment methods are proposed, among which the student can choose.
1. "Traditional" mode:
- Production of a written text on open questions starting from the recommended texts.
2. "Step" mode:
- first step: production of a written text starting from the reflection and personal re-elaboration of the contents proposed in the classroom (in itinere);
- second step: production of a written work and a multimedia production to be presented publicly in the classroom on occasions dedicated to a topic related to the sociology of culture and which do not directly form the curricular contents of the course;
- third step: oral examination on specific parts of the program.
In both cases, the final evaluation derives from the average of the results obtained in each test.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits