1. Conceptualize the fundamental ethical aspects that underlie moral philosophy as a theoretical and practical discipline.
2. Retrace some significant historico-philosophical moments that produced the "moral subject".
3. Criticize some of the contemporary moral problems.
Love: A Life
What is a life? What are the emotional links of a life touching other lives? Can we consider images those sort of links? Beyond the political, civil, and juridical dimension, the course aims to highlight how images act as emotional connections not only of the subject with its own past but also with other people's past. Analyzing in particular the theme of love, the course begins with two essays of Freud ("Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality" and "Beyond the Pleasure Principle) with which it is analyzed the moral and sexual development of human beings. Then the course analyzes the three Lacanian registers (Imginary, Symbolic, Real) with which Zupančič reads Freud. Finally the course focuses on Deleuze's essay "Immanence: A Life".
1. S. Freud, Tre saggi sulla teoria sessuale, Bollati Boringhieri, Torino 2012.
2. S. Freud, Al di la del principio di piacere, Bollati Boringhieri, Torino 2012.
3. A. Zupančič, Che cosa è il sesso?, Ponte alle Grazie, Firenze 2018 (from page 8 to page 52; from page 143 to page 194).
4. G. Deleuze, Immanenza, una vita, Mimesis, Milano 2010 (from page 7 to page 13).
Jeune et Jolie (François Ozon, 2013)
Amour (Michael Haneke 2012)
|A. Zupančič||Che cosa è il sesso?||Ponte alle Grazie||2018||(pagine selezionate vedi programma)|
|G. Deleuze||Immanenza, una vita||Mimesis||2009||(pagine selezionate vedi programma)|
|Sigmund Freud||Tre saggi sulla teoria sessuale. Al di là del principio di piacere||Bollati Boringhieri||2012|
In order to pass the exam, students will need to show that:
- they possess a sufficient knowledge of the issues, the conceptual instruments, the great outlines of the commented texts.
- they possess the capacity to retrace and elaborate with sufficient accuracy and subjectivation the texts and their conceptuale perspectives.
The competence of all students, either those who attended the course or those who didn’t, will be ascertained by means of an oral examination. The final score will be expressed in /30s.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 17
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits